Area and Perimeter of Rectangles:
- A square has perimeter 24cm. What is the length of each side of the square?
- A square has area 81cm2 what is the length of each side?
- A rectangle has shorter sides measuring y cm. The longer sides are 3cm longer than the shorter sides. If the perimeter of the rectangle is 22cm what is the length of the shorter side?
- A garden measures 2.6m by 3.4m and is covered by grass. A flower bed is to be made measuring 1.2m by 1.8m. What area of grass will still be left after the flower bed has been dug?
- A rectangle measures 8m by 5m. A square measuring 1.5m by 1.5m is to be cut off one corner . What is the perimeter of the new shape? What is the area of the new shape?
- A wall measuring 2.3m by 3.6m needs painting. The tin of paint covers an area of 6 square metres and costs £7.21 for a tin. The wall will need 2 coats of paint. How much will the paint cost to decorate the wall?
- A rectangle has longer side measuring y cm. The shorter side is 5cm shorter than the longer side. If the area of the rectangle is 84cm2 what is the length of the longer side?
Question 5 help:
- length = 6cm
- length = 9cm
- length of shorter side = 4cm
- Perimeter = 26m Area = 37.75m2
- Longer side = 12cm